Alabama Dept. of Conservation Officers among Alabama Police Academy's newest graduates | News
Four Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources recruits were among 27 men and women who graduated Nov. 9 from the 145th session of the Alabama Police Academy in Selma.
This session’s recruits, representing 15 different agencies across the state of Alabama, completed the challenging program and participated in graduation exercises in the Alabama Criminal Justice Training Center’s new state-of-the-art auditorium on the campus of Wallace Community College Selma.
Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources’ newest officers are:
- Micah Marie Allison, Russell County
- Shawn Nixon, Shelby County
- Clinton Randy Tyus, Perry County
- Jacob Curt Porter, Marengo County
A 12-week program designed to equip law enforcement recruits with the finest training possible, the Alabama Police Academy’s 145th session also included recruits from the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles, Daleville Police Department, Demopolis Police Department, Dothan Police Department, Evergreen Police Department, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Gardendale Police Department, Gurley Police Department, Houston County Sheriff’s Office, Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, Luverne Police Department, Madison Police Department, Selma Police Department and Thomasville Police Department.
For additional information about the Alabama Police Academy, call 334-263-8950.
Source: Alabama State Troopers Public Information Office
Top Perry County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash
- AG announces guilty plea for conspiracy to assault judge, investigator
- Transgender MS woman charged with murder after Selma resident dies from buttocks injections
- 2nd Annual Jazz on the Grazz Event - June 21 - Phoenix Park
- Teens find employment with the City of Selma
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Selma City Schools